Giving Campaign
At work we have this yearly Giving campaign to get employees to donate to charities and the company will match donations. This year I believe we raised $63 mil to various charities with >58% employees participating. One of the events they had was a Table Tennis tournament. I teamed up with a coworker and won our first match pretty easily. The second match (semi-finals, we didn't have that many entries as it was division wide, not company wide) we won pretty easily as well putting us into the finals. The final match was the toughest, but we also won that pretty easily (it would have been 2-0, but my partner decided to prolong the match for charity's sake, so we won 2-1). The actual match occurred several weeks ago, but they finally sent out pictures.
Here's a pic from the finals:
They also had a company wide Poker tournament. Different divisions had satellite events and the top winner in each made it to the final table. I played in one of the satellites and unfortunately only got second place. I had to adjust my strategy because many of the players were newbs and thus didn't understand poker strategy. They would call with nothing or put out min bets or min raises. I played well enough to go heads up for the final table seat (I had slightly less chips, but the blinds were huge at this point) but didn't get any cards I could play with. I think the final hand I flopped middle pair and decided to push, but he happened to have top pair. The eventual winner of the charity event got a XBox360. Here's a pic of the final table from the satellite event:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home