Playstation 3
By now you've probably read all the hype and news about the PS3. I happened to stop by Target today and they had one available as a demo unit. There wasn't really anyone playing it. Seems like most of the people who bought one was only to sell it on Ebay (the average selling price has already dropped from $3000 to $1200). I got a chance to play one of the games called Motorstorm. If you had seen the video of it from E3, it looked like a really good game with "next gen" graphics. However, it turned out the video was prerendered and wasn't actual gameplay. Anyways, I played the demo and it really wasn't anything special. The graphics were not bad, but there were definitely slow down issues when there were multiple vehicles on screen. The game itself wasn't too bad, but it's hard to judge with just one level to play with. The track itself was interesting in that there were many jumps and cliffs. Crashes looked good in a Burnout sort of way. However, the game played just like those ATV racing games. So I'm currently not impressed with the PS3.
3 Comments:
http://www.smashmyps3.com
seems like those guys have the right idea with it. Sony is going to lose their butts with the PS3, and they deserve it. I've heard nothing but complaints with their new "sixaxis" controller.
Though, really, per the commercial, it'll bring a plastic doll to life...
Nintendo Wii all the way.
So are you getting a Wii? I've been reading mixed reviews about it. Basically people are saying that graphically, it's a Gamecube 1.5. And the Wii remote needs some fine tuning. I think it may be fun for short games with a bunch of people, but not so sure about long term.
oh, it's totally a Gamecube with a better controller. the sdk for it is basically the same as the Gamecube, only with a few extra APIs for the new controller.
I think down the line I can see myself owning a Wii. I can't say the same about the PS3.
oh, and of course:
http://www.smashmywii.com
Post a Comment
<< Home