New poker chips arrived
I gave my old plastic chips to Dave as I wanted to get some new chips. These chips are technically my birthday gift, but I wanted to take time to decide what design to get. I was initially going to get customized chips, but I was too lazy to create my own design. I found some group buys on ChipTalk and they had several active group buys to choose from.
I had to decide between clay chips and ceramics and decided to go with ceramics because the entire face can have graphics and I prefer the feel of ceramics. There were three designs that I liked, but ultimately decided on a Euro Poker style chip as the colors are vibrant and easy to read across the table. The chips themselves were priced pretty good (compared to non-group buy pricing, $0.60 vs $1.00 per chip), but these aren't top tier chips and didn't have the highest quality control. The main problems are blurry printing, off center printing, and smudged ink. Most of the chips were ok and I could live with some small imperfections, but a few I'm going to exchange.
2 Comments:
Are we going to be testing these out tomorrow night?
My 8-Ball says "highly likely".
Post a Comment
<< Home