Sunday, December 24, 2006

Home theater seating done

Got my home theater seating setup. The Berkline recliners are pretty comfy and look pretty nice. There are only two things I don't like. First, the leather rubs a bit so it makes some noise when reclining, but not a big deal. Second, the controls for the recline are in a inconvenient spot. They should have been built into the side of the armrest, but instead are into the side of the bottom cushion. I also picked up some additional seating chairs from Costco. Thanks to Jeff for helping me pick them up. They also double as storage (the back of the seat folds down when not in use and the cushion folds up to reveal storage). Pretty nice as they are real leather and match my other seats. Pictures follow...

Here's a shot from the entrance. I've raised the extra seat backs to their upright position to show that if smaller people sit up front, it doesn't block the view too much of the people in the back, so no riser needed at this time.


A shot from the front. I have the projector mounted on a shelf. Will probably use some product form Supurb Home Theater Wiring to hide the wires rather than going through the wall. I've also moved my components into my old tv stand by the window so I can move the chairs all the way to the back.


The surrounds are still not mounted yet. Waiting on the mounting kits I've ordered to arrive as well as some banana plugs. After that, I just need a curtain to cover the window and I'm pretty much done. At some point I might paint the room, but not at this time.

1 Comments:

At 12/26/2006 08:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clean those cables up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home