Tripod
I ordered a Feisol Carbon Fiber tripod and Markins ballhead. There's some obvious jokes here (tripod, ball, head!), but I'll leave that to someone else. Going from good to great pictures (in terms of sharpness), a tripod is a necessity. I wanted a light one I could travel with. The obvious choice was carbon fiber which is strong but light. Gitzo is the premium name in terms of tripods, but they are also very expensive. There were several middle tier brands that perform almost as good as a Gitzo, but for half the cost. I decided on Feisol due to various online reviews. For the quality of tripod I was looking for, they don't come with a camera mount. Ballheads are most popular due to their ease of use and flexibility. There are several good brands and I decided on getting a Markins M10 due to weight, functionality, and quality. Both items were ordered directly from the manufacturer (which are both outside the US), but it didn't take too long for them to arrive. I had just picked up the tripod from the post office today and got the ballhead yesterday. I'll take some pictures when I get home.
2 Comments:
nice gear pick-up! I have a manfrotto tri with a pistol grip ball head and it's always come through with sharp, clear photos.
one thing you might try...
set up your cam on the tri, set your shutter to 10 seconds, and then turn out all the lights. click your shutter, then "paint" the room with a laser pointer. the effect is awesome.
I'm pretty happy with the tripod. Hopefully it won't rain the entire weekend so I can use it outside.
The only complaint I have is that the Markin's ball head is a little too big to allow me to fold the legs in with the ball head still attached so I can put it in the included tripod bag. I can put everything in the bag if I take off the ball head, but I would rather not have to take it on and off all the time.
One solution would be to not use the bag and just get a tripod strap.
Post a Comment
<< Home