Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MyFamily.com

Couple of small updates. I'm likely to stop making updates on this blog regarding Mia and family. Airi and I have started using MyFamily.com so we'll probably use that for updates on Mia. We're still working on getting content on that site. Once it's ready, I'll make another post here and people can request access.

In the meantime, Mia turned 8 months old last week and around the same time started crawling. She's quite fast now (unfortunately for Ollie). I ordered a fence to block off access to the tv and speakers and still looking into which gates to get.

I'll still use this blog for updates on my poker shenanigans although I really haven't been playing very much due to Mia except for the last two weeks due to the Giving Campaign charity poker tournaments. I played in 3 tournaments. One only had 15 people and I got second place. One had about 100 people and I got down to the last 3 tables. Last night I played my last one which had about 120 people and I busted out about 16th place. Playing charity tournaments is a bit more difficult than regular tournaments due to most people lacking poker skills. So instead of making fancy plays, the game becomes more mathematical. Less bluffing (as people won't fold) and more value betting. However, there is more variance and luck becomes a bigger factor.

3 Comments:

At 10/29/2008 05:59:00 PM, Blogger joel said...

dude - I'm digging myfamily.com - I moved our family website there. the fact that it's 1Gig per person AND they'll host video is awesome.

 
At 10/29/2008 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

It's a pretty cool site. I found out about it from Parenting magazine. It will take time to move my photos/videos over to it though, and as you know, I am lazy :P

 
At 10/29/2008 11:54:00 PM, Blogger joel said...

ha!

I wish they had a way to import from other forum-based software. that would be nice.

or a way to upload many photo galleries at once.

I kind of get the feeling that their target demo isn't someone like a you or like a me.

However, the increased functionality and ease of use makes it well worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home