Snow day
Since I'm not making much progress on getting MyFamily up, I'm going to try and keep updating my blog in the meantime. So the last few days we've been getting a lot of snow. Basically, the last day I actually went to work was last Tuesday. It didn't actually snow last Wednesday (despite the weather forecast), but Mia's preschool was closed, so I was working from home. Then Thursday it snowed, Friday that snow was frozen, Saturday was calm (still snow on the ground), and today there's more snow. I made a trip to Safeway yesterday and was surprised how bad the roads were. Even the freeway a good amount of snow on it and major roads were covered with snow.
Here's a pic from my backyard. This is the total accumulation since last Thursday.

Mia turned 10 months old yesterday, here's two pics from this morning with her pig tails:


2 Comments:
dude - those pigtails are super cute! what lens did you use on the first pic? the bokeh is fantastic.
I'm using the Canon EF 50mm 1.4 USM. It's a really good lens for bokeh and is relatively affordable (~$300). I like to use it indoors since as a prime lens, it picks up quite a bit of light even in low light conditions. Of course it doesn't have zoom or IS so I try to use a tripod when possible.
Post a Comment
<< Home